Offer Expires April 30, 2019
Therapy for Insomnia Can be Life Changing
How Effective is Therapy for Insomnia? Research shows Cognitive Behavioural Therapy for Insomnia to be as effective as sleeping pills within a few weeks! But without all those side effects, it’s much safer. It’s also longer lasting. And research on Brief Behavioural Therapy for Insomnia shows similar results.
I’m excited to be offering Brief Behavioural Treatment for Insomnia (BBTI) by donation for women with disabilities anywhere in British Columbia, living with chronic insomnia (more than 3 months) and who are members of Pacific DAWN (DisAbled Women’s Network)! Not a member? No problem. You can sign up for free here. On a trial basis, currently accepting 1 or 2 clients with the hope of extending this to others on an ongoing basis.
What Does By Donation Mean? Regular fees for this service are $144/hour. As a Pacific DAWN member, please pay whatever you can afford. All proceeds will be going to Pacific DAWN.
For a better idea of what to expect with Brief Behavioural Treatment for Insomnia, click here.
About Me: Some of you may already know me, Lorraine Irlam. Ethics guidelines mean that I can’t work with people I know – at least not well or if our lives have much overlap. (Feel free to contact me if you’re interested but not sure how that might apply to you.)
I’m a Registered Clinical Counsellor providing Cognitive Behavioural Therapy for Insomnia by phone (or email). I’m also a member of Pacific DAWN and am happy to be able to give something back to the community.
About You: You must be
- a member or supporting member of Pacific DAWN (click here to join for free if you’re not already a member!)
- a woman living with disability
- at least 19 years old
- living in British Columbia
- There are also a few other criteria. Click here to contact me for more info.
- Preference will be given to disabled women on low income, who can be flexible with scheduling appointments, and are so sick and tired of insomnia they are ready and determined to commit to making changes for better sleep.
- This service will be by phone, but can do by email instead to accommodate a hearing loss or disability.
My Request to You: I’m so excited about offering this financially accessible insomnia treatment and I’d love your help. So, here’s what you can do in exchange for this reduced rate: in addition to flexibility about scheduling phone sessions, I’m asking for your patience while I fine tune the logistics and would appreciate any feedback about your experience with this treatment along the way. This helps me plan and let future clients know more about what to expect, such as how long each session should take.
Interested? Give me a call at 604-771-4444 or click here to send me a secure message.